2017 August-present Cadet reporter at the Loddon Times (no website) and Gannawarra Times.
- break stories important to the local community across two LGAs
- cover events and produce stories for a tri-weekly deadline
- still and sports photography for articles
- maintain website; devise and manage social media strategy (Facebook, Twitter).
- interview talent, community members, local and state politicians
2017 July-August intern at ABC 7.30.
- researching stories
- fact checking
- developing story pitches
- shadow editors and film crew
2017 Freelance writer/reporter for the Yarra Reporter.
- reporting on local events and issues
- taking my own photos for articles where relevant
- pitching stories and meeting deadlines
2017 Staff writer and sub-editor for Rabelais Student Magazine.
- writing feature pieces for several editions of the magazine
- editing articles submitted by students and guest contributors
- I also wrote the style guide for our editing team
- managing social media
2017 Staff writer for upstart.
- weekly shifts covering hard news events
- writing feature pieces
- sub-editing guest contributions
- writing and posting on social media
- uploading media to the blog and making info-graphics to enrich stories.
2015 Current affairs reporter for 3CR radio.
- sourcing stories
- interviewing talent
- recording and filing packages to a weekly deadline
- light social media promotion.